If you would like further information about accessibility or disability issues, the sites below should be of use:
- The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) site contains lots of useful information about the Equalities Act, how to get the best out of the Internet if you suffer from an eye problem, and lots of useful contacts.
- The Action on Hearing Loss site provides a lot of helpful information about deaf awareness issues.
- MENCAP is a charity supporting people with a learning disability. Their website provides good access for people with a learning disability as well as information on making websites more accessible.
- Web Accessibility Initiative and their content accessibility guidelines
- Gov.uk offers information for disabled people, contains information provided by the government, giving details on disability rights, benefits and legislation including the Equalities Act.
- The BOBBY Accessibility Checker enables you to check how accessible your site is.